Singing OUT, Toronto’s LGBTQ+ Community Choir, is seeking a part-time Finance Coordinator (Contract).
Reporting to the Executive Director, and providing support to the Treasurer, the Finance Coordinator will oversee Singing OUT’s banking, accounting and bookkeeping, in compliance with best practices and CRA guidelines for registered charities.
This position requires accuracy, organization, administrative proficiency and a strong understanding of accounting and bookkeeping practices.
- Perform weekly banking, general accounting and bookkeeping tasks
- On a monthly basis, ensure transactions are posted in QuickBooks, perform reconciliation with bank statements and backup financial records
- Generate monthly reports including P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet
- Process cheque requests (AP) for internal and external stakeholders, monthly
- Receive, process and deposit cheques and other payments, as required (AR)
- Maintain ‘audit ready’ financial status and provide annual support to auditors, as required
- Complete required reports and filings such as HST rebate and CRA annual charity status
- Prepare annual tax receipts for charitable donations as required by CRA
- Maintain all files and records in accordance with applicable privacy and financial management regulations
- Recommend policies and procedures to ensure integrity with the choir’s values and financial practices
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned
- Bookkeeping proficiency and certification in office administration and/or accounting
- Proficient use of QuickBooks
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Self starter; able to work independently and remotely
- Experience working with charities and/or non-profits
- Knowledge of charitable best practices and CRA compliance is considered a strong asset
- Comfortable working in an inclusive environment that values diversity, equality and respect
- Availability to attend occasional meetings, as required
- This position is a 6-month remote/home office contract, with possibility of extension for a candidate who demonstrates success in the role
- Hourly rate, depending on experience, up to 16 hours per month
- Pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the expense policy
Please submit your cover letter and CV, including hourly rate expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on February 10, 2017.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Singing OUT practices equal opportunity and has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment for any reason, including but not limited to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, citizenship, marital status, age, disability, or any other category protected by the Canadian Human Rights Commission.